Accommodate Management LTD is a London based company which offers Lettings and Property Management services. How we go about offering these services is what is vitally important. Here is a detailed outline for you to read and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Valuations provided must reflect the actual market rate value
In essence; this means is that it is not ethical to provide the Landlord with an inflated valuation price on their property in order to gain the instruction. The valuation should take into consideration the property market and trends, seasonality, local pricing as well as the condition of the property.
Launching your property on the rental market at the correct price is critical to attract the right tenants and quickly.
The valuation will be backed up with a report showing you, the Landlord, the comparables in support of the valuation figure provided to you so that you may make an informed decision of your next steps.
If you were thinking of painting or redecorating your property, this is the time to do it as it will help you to achieve a higher rental.
Online marketing of your property to potential tenants
The key ingredient in ensuring that your property is rented out at the market value, is by ensuring that the photographs of the property are attracting the right target audience and your future tenant. The way to achieve this is to ensure that a professional photographer takes at least 6 photographs, a floor plan as well as the EPC (Energy Performance Certificate).
The photographer will be able to capture whole rooms at a time which will help the viewer to identify the size, shape and overall relevance to what they are looking for in their next home. A full detailed description of the property will support the photographs.
Preparing your property for your tenants
For the very first rental, it is recommended that the property is newly redecorated and professionally cleaned as this provides the basic quality platform for which the tenants must maintain. An inventory and schedule of condition document will take note of the items and their condition on the first day of the tenancy and the general rule of thumb is for this standard to be maintained less general wear.
Finding quality tenants
Any applicant making an offer on a property will be fully referenced to ensure that we are placing low risk tenants into our Landlord’s properties. The following is a minimum requirement when vetting potential tenants;
- Copy of a passport
- 3 months bank statements
- Current employers reference
- Previous landlords reference
- Credit check – Annual salary must cover at least 30 times the monthly rent
Once the terms of the tenancy has been agreed
Once you have accepted an offer and the tenant(s) have passed their referencing, the standard process is to complete the following, whether a property is managed or not;
- Draft and ensuring signing of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement (contract)
- Invoice tenants and collect payment for moving in funds prior to commencement of the tenancy
- Arrange Energy Performance Certificate, if required
- Arrange Gas Safety Certificate, if required
- Arrange Electrical Intallation Condition Report, if required
- Arrange Legionnaires Test, if required
- Book professional clean, if requested
- Book inventory and check in, if requested
- Arrange for any other items which are a condition to the tenancy
- Arrange for keys to be copies, if required for additional tenants
- Register tenants deposit with The Deposit Protection Scheme